Friday, August 05, 2016

It's Cast On Day

Let the Games begin...
 
I get to cast on for my Eccentric Chevron Wrap this evening. Over 500 stitches (the shawl is worked lengthwise). That will take longer than the opening ceremonies. I think I bit off a bit more than I can chew with this shawl. I might have a hard time finishing. To give myself more knitting time, I have invited/pushed Lynn to join the fun. This way we can both watch and knit in the store.
Lynn is going to make Ishbel with one skein of tosh sock. She hasn't knit with it yet and wants to try. The colour is Mica. 
The colours in my cowl are coming out great. I'm very happy. And very sad at the same time. The Bell Fibe TV app on my iPad doesn't work in the US. I don't get to see the opening ceremonies on Canadian TV. I don't get to see them talking about our athletes. It's already started at home and not for another 5 minutes here. Yup, there's a bit of pouting. I'm going to get over it and start my shawl. 

No comments: