Saturday, August 13, 2016

Wilder

Mr. UPS brought a pretty new book yesterday.
Wilder features 21 designs in Kim Hargreaves' classic style. From feminine lace and cable cardigans to modern drop stitch sweaters and simple summer tops, this collection features designs for every skill level.

You can't go wrong with a Kim Hargreaves book. Her patterns are beautiful. I fell in love with Kim's patterns 29 years ago in Rowan Book #1 and have loved her work ever since.







My Olympic knitting is growing. I think I'm about 1/3 of the way. I need to get to it. There is going to be a lot of knitting tonight, tomorrow and Monday.
This is my little cheat sheet. You use the colours in whatever order you want. Laura suggests 1, 2, 3 or 5 rows of a colour. I want to make sure that I'm using the colours evenly. I have two skeins each of the blue/green and purple/teal. There is one skein each of the other colours. I mark down the number of rows I've done in a colour and make sure that each section is equal. A section can be as many rows as you want. My first section was 8. I'm on to the second one and this might be 6. Then it could be 10 or 12 or 18. 

Someone came to visit Beth and the boys this morning.
She looks huge. Dad weighed her last week and she was 45lbs. Last night she got up on the couch by herself. Oh oh. Mom and dad are in trouble.

3 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

I like that second sweater. I LOVE that dog! :)

Sally said...

Wow, it has taken my newish puppy 8 months to reach 45 lbs ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Candice said...

Oh, oh. First the couch, then the humans' bed.