Sunday, September 18, 2016

Camp

I finished casting off my Hitchhiker this morning. Just over a week. Not too bad.
I really wish I had a mannequin at home. I tried hanging the scarf on the fence but that didn't work. The colours are a bit off - the end of the scarf is more orange than yellow. I'll get pictures tomorrow after someone sews the ends in for me. :)
Someone can get up on the bed now. She is very proud of herself. She doesn't sleep in the bed but mom and dad wake up in the morning and Lucy is snuggled in between them.
She's my dad's baby. He weighed her last Saturday and she was 61 lbs.

The store is a bit of a mess - we're packing for Camp. For the past few years we unpacked from the Knitters' Fair and had Camp the next weekend. This year we put a week in between. I'm not sure if that was good or bad. Getting ready has been more relaxed but I'm ready to get going. And there are boxes everywhere. If you haven't been to Camp then you might be wondering what I'm talking about. We do a fashion show on Friday evening. That means 40-50 garments. We also set up a mini yarn shop. Kits for the fashion show garments. Needles. Books. Then there are the amazing goodie bags that everyone gets. Oh yeah, the door prizes. Our suppliers are very generous.

If you're coming to Camp, make sure you watch the Camp blog for information...

I brought home a Mountain Colors Perspective kit and am making another Hitchhiker. Perfect Camp knitting.
There would have been more knitting today but I was in charge of the converter. Beth has it now so I'm good to go.

No comments: