Thursday, September 15, 2016

Milo

My knitters have been busy. Alex brought in this awesome shawl yesterday. Our Camp Fashion Show is going to be amazing!

Pattern: Close to You (free on Ravelry)
This simple but stylish shawl is knitted from one end with gradual increases to form a triangular shawl which is fun to knit and easy to wear. The zigzag border with eyelets gives it a nice touch and makes the knitting interesting.
Yarn: 2 skeins of Manos Milo
Milo is our newest yarn. A gorgeous simple ply merino and linen blend.

The linen unique nature gives Milo a rustic yet elegant look, with its raw fibers and metallic shine.

We love the drape of the finished fabric and find it perfect for season spanning projects such as kerchiefs, shawls and lightweight tops.
The pattern calls for 400 yards of fingering weight yarn which will give you a smaller shawl - closer to a scarf. We used 760 yards for our shawl.

Lynn started her Hitchhiker last night.
She is using a Frabjous Fibers Cheshire Cat kit on 3.5mm needles.

Wannietta texted me a few pictures of hers. I thought I was going to win but now it's pretty apparent that I won't.
It's going to be striking in the grey to black.
I'm off to work on mine. If I don't sleep tonight I might be able to catch up.

No comments: