Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Extreme Bulky

We've been asked for super, super bulky yarn and now we have one. A shipment arrived yesterday afternoon with charcoal grey Mondo. I took out some 25mm needles and cast on. This is one and a half skeins. I'm going to use 4 and make a great throw. It will be about 32" wide (not stretched) and 48" long.
Mondo is just what it's name implies, SUPER bulky and SUPER soft! It's a soft blend of superfine alpaca and wool. This new yarn is best for quick and bold statement pieces and has a gauge suitable for arm knitting.

50% Superfine Alpaca / 50% Wool
Weight: 400 g / 14.12 oz
Approx: 58 yds / 53 m
Knitting Needle Size: Size US 50 / 25.0 mm
Knitting Gauge: 3 - 4 sts = 4" (10 cm)
We've already put together kits with 4 balls of yarn and the needles.

We have daily requests for baby blanket patterns. This is Starry Stripes (purchased on Ravelry) knit in Liberty Wool from Classic Elite.
A colorful blanket every baby and mother will love in machine washable Liberty Wool. The subtle slip stitch chevron showcases the stripes in Liberty Wool Print to their best advantage.
Liberty is one of my favourite yarns. Lots of colours without changing balls. It feels good to knit with and wear.

My plan was to finish the throw while watching Survivor. I got into the show and forgot to knit. The third skein has been started. I'd like to say it will be finished tomorrow but we are heading to One of a Kind after work. The throw will be in the store so you can see it in progress. It is so warm! And the yarn is very soft. It's the perfect colour for my house so I have a feeling I'll be making another one. One for the store and one for the couch.

No comments: