Sunday, June 11, 2017

Day Two

I was up very early this morning. I think I'm still a bit high on yarn fumes. I've been out for a walk to get a tea and it's still too early to head to the show so I'm going to start today's post.

A wall of Cheshire Cat mini skein kits.
Frabjous Fibers has a new sock yarn coming out this fall. It is a wool/nylon blend called Mary Ann. 85% fine merino and 15% nylon. There are 435m (475 yards) in a skein.

Dirty Harry - a new colour from madelinetosh.

Freia Fibers introduced 4 new colours for fall.

It's finally 10am so I'm heading for day two of buying.
My last stop of the day was to visit the ladies from Mountain Colors. There is a brand new yarn called Silk Dance. 10 awesome colours are on the way to us.

75% superwash wool
25% silk

393m / 430 yards on a 100gram skein
fingering weight

This colour is called Silver Anniversary. I have a skein so that we can knit up a sample. It is so soft!

I'm back in the room after a long day of shopping and then dinner out. The hockey game is on while I'm writing. It's weird to be watching hockey and not listening to the Canadian announcers. I don't think I'll make it to the end of the game - my body says sleep and it's a long drive home tomorrow.

No comments: