Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Barn Full of Animals

We're getting ready for the Woodstock Fleece Festival. We love this show. It started out much smaller than the Knitter's Frolic and Knitters' Fair but it has grown to their size. You will see fibre for knitting, spinning, weaving, rug hooking, felting and dying. There is a barn full of animals. And I am told that the lunch is amazing!







Our neighbours at the show always have the neatest fibres. It makes me want to spin but I can't knit fast enough with the yarn that I already have.

Sericin Silk is worth a visit at the show or in Tabi's Etsy shop...
Visit the Fleece Festival website for more information...

At the show we will have many shawls on display designed by Ambah O'Brien. These shawls all take 3 skeins of fingering weight yarn. There is one colour for the lace section and then the garter stitch section has two colours. Today we are making kits in various yarns and fun colour combinations.

tosh sock

tosh merino light
Mrs. Crosby Train Case and Lorna's Laces Solemate
tosh sock

tosh merino light
The Caledonia Cowl is growing. Remember me mentioning that Beth didn't have the pattern in the bag. It got worse. She didn't wind all the balls. I had to wind two to finish. I think she should have offered if I was good enough to complete it for her.

I'm enjoying working with the double strand of cotton. It is knitting up quickly on the big needles. Tomorrow we're going to make some kits for the store and the show.

Now back to my knitting (just four rows to go) and TV. We're watching The Great British Bake-Off and it's time for the show stoppers.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, wow! What a lovely post. I've been saying "wow" all the way through. What gorgeous yarns and I love seeing the animals that produce it.