Thursday, April 12, 2018

Fading Point

From Joji Locatelli
Last year I designed a pattern called Starting Point, and it was a Mystery KAL. I loved that pattern so much, and it was truly nerve-wracking to present it as a mystery. Would people like a big rectangle wrap as much as I did? 
Fortunately, I think many did! Which encouraged me to keep exploring that construction, and it also gave me the confidence to design more maxi-scarves or wraps. And when La Bien Aimée created these colors for me to design with, all I could picture was this wrap. I just knew it. The moment I saw it, I knew what it had to become! 
Fading Point is constructed from both ends towards the centre, and then both pieces are connected with triangles to achieve a seamless rectangle.  
The pattern is completely different than its predecesor: It has sections where you blend 2 colors together and then sections with lace. The instructions are WRITTEN AND CHARTED.
I messaged Joji and she gave us permission to use her amazing pictures. She said yes as long as we credit her - Photo credit to Joji Locatelli.
You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry... 
The shawl is even more beautiful than I imagined. The construction is interesting. And fun to make.

I finalized my colours this afternoon. The yarn is Rockshelter Sock from Meadowcroft Dyeworks. It's a mix of skeins from the store and skeins from my stash.

Many people have been asking about Fading Point kits. I spent some time this afternoon adding kits to the website. Keep checking. We're having fun making up combinations.

Beth took Miss Lucy to the Barc Parc early this morning. She found her friend from yesterday. Lucy latches on to one dog and that is it for her. She doesn't like packs.

She was a little dirty. Beth had to wash her before letting her in the house.
They were at the Barc Parc (it isn't a spelling mistake - that is how the spell it there) early so Beth could go golfing. Here are the texts that I have been receiving.


Beth was always better at golf than I was. I quit for a few years because being beat all the time wasn't fun. Now I can beat her about once every twenty rounds so it isn't too bad.

Dad is in Ft. Lauderdale and will be landing in Myrtle Beach around 10pm. I spoke to him this morning and he was looking forward to getting home.

The Leafs are on and I need to wind yarn. My needles are waiting for me to cast on.

No comments: